ATC 202: Barefoot Running Improves Economy, ‘Makin Love’ To Your Bike, Squats and Deadlifts for Endurance Athletes
February 5, 2016
This episode is brought to you by Cool Fat Burner
, the world’s first brown-fat calorie-burning cooling vest that can boost metabolism by 300%, burning over 250 calories an hour at higher intensities, as well as help build muscle, aid in recovery, promote overall wellness and allow for a good night’s sleep. EP fans 10% off the purchase of a CFB with the code “EndurancePlanet” here
Run Ragnar SoCal with the EP Team! We have one more spot open and we may consider a second team for ultra if there’s interest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your spot for an unforgettable weekend.
LA Marathon, Boston marathon–we will be there. Are you a fan of EP and want to meetup? Get a hug from Tawnee!
On this show:
- Shoe talk: Love for minimalist shoes, wide toe boxes and for Skoras, just because.
- Using Yoga Toes to fix toe problems
- Don’t smash your toes into narrow shoes
- When should you replace shoes? Instead of a set mileage look at when your “bad habits” mold into the shoe wear and tear and further promote those bad habits.
Three new studies just released in the NSCA’s Journal of Strength and Conditioning with endurance sports love that we discuss in detail:
- How would you alter typical road triathlon training to the demands of off-road racing (XTERRA Olympic distance races)? Key workouts for swim, bike, run plus figuring out frequency, intensity, recovery weeks, and more.
- Mark Allen’s old-school guide to strength training article – what’s still relevant, what would we change?
- What strength training exercises would you include for muscular endurance as well as repeatable short bursts of power?
- Lifts to replace leg extension and leg curl?
- Sumo deadlifts compared to straight leg or Romanian deadlifts
- When it comes to cycling and running which variation of deadlift is the best? Or would a variety be best
- How to plan lifts in your training schedule
- When it comes to squats, which variation is ideal: front, high bar, or low bar? Or once again does it not matter?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |