Sports Nutrition 232: Maximize Supplement Absorption, Fish Bones For Health, and More
April 4, 2016
Support Endurance Planet when you shop online! Open your Amazon page via EP when you do your online shopping—just click the link or the banner on our sidebar. One extra click, zero added fees, and a bit of extra support to the show. Also head to enduranceplanet.com/shop and check out the products and services we love including top-tier supplements by Exos Performance Nutrition.
On this episode of Sports Nutrition with Ben Greenfield:
- Nutrient delivery mechanisms and absorption of supplements.
- How can we know if we’re getting the most from our pills and capsules? Are there common supplements that are better to get in non-pill form?
- Liposomal glutathione vs NAC pills
- Vitamin D/K2–liquid or pill form? We recommend Thorne’s brand.
- Vitamin injections/IV’s
- Bitter melon extract as an insulin mimetic. Could it be used to speed up carb re-loading e.g. between heavy endurance sessions? Would you be able to store more glycogen in a short time using bitter melon as opposed to relying on insulin / GLUT4 alone?
- Does eating fish bones and / or egg shells have any health value, i.e. a good source of calcium?
- Debate over stevia. Are small amounts in products like UCAN ok?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |