ATC: Periodizing Nutrition, How to Improve MAF without Running More, Caf or Decaf, and More
February 13, 2015
On this show Tawnee and Lucho dive deep into a bunch of topics and your questions including:
- SUP racing (vs triathlon) – Tawnee’s first experience,
- Nutrition periodization and how to develop metabolic efficiency and then move on, revisiting the idea of need 4:1 carbs-protein post-workout, and more on carbs,
- Taking caffeine tablets (No-Doz) pre run – good are bad?
- Caffeine and adrenal fatigue,
- How lucho and tawnee use caffeine/decaf, and is caffeine ok?
- Training for a 540km long road bike race, should I swap some of the 2h zone 2 rides on the trainer for VO2max intervals and threshold work? Will that help me prepare for such a long race?
- Why is there a difference in perceived effort between the bike and the trainer?
- First marathon and missed goal by 30min – what happened?! Going through the data to make sense of it all, and how to change things for a better race next time,
- Miraculous MAF improvements from walking 6-10 miles a day, drills, corrective exercises, hip mobility drills, weight training, and limiting carbs while adding more fats and proteins.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |