ATC: Rob Krar’s MAF Test, Pacing Ultras for a PR, Eating Before Bed, Pigeon-Toed Running, and More
March 13, 2015
This episode of Ask the Coaches is brought to you by SKORA Running
, where you’ll find a leading group of innovators crafting running shoes that incorporate what nature intended with what the best technology can enhance. Find out more at enduranceplanet.com/skora
Lucho and Tawnee team up for a new Ask the Coaches and discuss:
- Tawnee goes backpacking and off the grid, and Lucho talks camping and archery. (Mention of the book Zen and the Art of Archery). Who are these wilderness lovers?!
- Ultrarunner Rob Krar did a MAF test, and he shared it with us so we discuss! (Listen at the end of the show for the followup discussion) See Rob’s MAF test on Strava.
- Comparing Rob’s test with Lucho’s former MAF tests from back in the day
- Pacing ultras for a speicific PR goal. In this case, the Comrades Ultra Marathon
- Help fixing pigeon-toed footing while running — what corrective exercises are recommended to achieve better foot alignment.
- Kelly Starrett mention, and his Mobility Wod exercises to help.
- Should we eat and/or take certain supplements before bed? When to eat, when not to, in order to achieve the ultimate rest and recovery.
- High heart rate spikes during running that are not normal, help!
- Have there been any studies regarding female athletes on low carb diets and the effect it has on their performance in racing/training/life? Not only in comparison to other diets, but also how the response may differ from the response in males? So far most information just involved men! We need to get more legit research on the ladies?!
- Headache help!! What could be the cause of weird, severe headaches after long workouts?!
- More on Rob Krar’s MAF Test (with HR data).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |