Chris Lieto: Making an Impact with ‘More Than Sport’, Plus His Personal Transition Away From Pro Racing
October 9, 2014
Endurance Planet’s Week of Kona coverage is brought to you by Polar
, leaders in heart rate monitor and fitness-assessment technology.
Find out more at enduranceplanet.com/polar
There’s a good chance you’ve seen the “More Than Sport” logo floating around the latest endurance event or triathlon you attended. Well, on this show we talk to the man behind the More than Sport movement: Ironman Champion Chris Lieto.
We caught up with Chris in Kona overlooking the Kailua-Kona Pier, a place to which Chris is no stranger; he’s raced the Ironman World Championships multiple times with his best finish coming in second in 2009.
Chris is no longer racing at the highest level, and we hear his story of his decision to move away from professional triathlon racing. However, Chris is busier than ever growing More Than Sport, being a dad/husband, and much more.
Specifically on More Than Sport, in this show learn:
- What’s the mission statement and purpose of More Than Sport
- What kind of charitable work are members doing?
- Why More Than Sport makes it easier than ever to do quality charity work
- Which big pros are involved
- Some of the specific projects that Chris and members are doing
- Who can join, and how to get involved
- How to contribute (the EP team bought More Than Sport shirts after the interview to show our support!)
- The growth of the organization
- and much more!
Find MORE Than Sport and Chris at: