Lesley Paterson: Living with Lyme’s Disease And Still Performing at the Highest Level in Triathlon and Life
May 6, 2016
This episode is brought to you by SKORA Running
, crafting running shoes that incorporate what nature intended with what the best technology can enhance. Find out more and shop now at SKORA.
Lesley Paterson is a two-time XTERRA world champion (and three second places) among many other achievements in triathlon. She also runs Braveheart Coaching with her husband sports psychologist Dr. Simon Marshall.
On this episode we learn why Lesley is one of the bravest in triathlon.
- Lesley’s diagnosis: Lyme’s disease, which would change everything
- What were symptoms that led her to test and find out about Lyme’s
- How she decided on treatment and how Dr. Minkoff came into the picture.
- Managing her symptoms and adjusting her race schedule as needed, with the goal to keep competing and never give up
- HPA axis dysfunction & making a choice
- Her immune system is compromised with this condition and often immunity compromised in athletes, so what does Lesley do to offset these issues to make sure she stays strong?
- The diet tweaks she made to support health and going gluten-free and paleo
- Supplementing with PerfectAminio
- Using ozone for Lyme’s treatment and overall recovery
- On top of her pro career she has a busy coaching business
- How she and her psychologist husband coach athletes
- While Lesley’s trying to keep herself in check with her training and health, she’s also trying to push her athletes; how she manages that.
- Tips for staying mentally tough
- A “day in the life” of Lesley
- Lesley’s training and race nutrition choices trying to keep it healthy and paleo style
- Gels by Muir Energy
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |