On this show we not only talk to Chris but also Dr. Phil Maffetone and Hal Walter for a show that’s an instant classic. You’ll learn how guys like Phil and Hal have greatly inspired Chris, and how all three of them are living a primal and functional life – in the myriad ways they view fitness.
Topics discussed in this show:
– How Chris was “late to the party” and went on to find Hal and Phil,
– Functional fitness as a way of life (from running to parkour),
– Exploring the physical, mental and nutritional tactics of humans throughout history.
– How do war stories from WWII and soldiers on the Greek island of Crete tie in with endurance sports and athletics?
-Who is the Cretan Runner? WWII’s “The Clown” – a runner who carried war messages some 50 miles back and forth between mountain hideouts.
– How did setting up a practice rather than going into business effect Dr. Phil’s career?
– The “Natural Movement” was the name Georges Hébert gave to the physical fitness method he created in the early 1900s. His credo was: “Be fit to be useful.”
– Are people getting away from specific distances and races and get more focussed on higher health and movement goals? Is this the “golden age” of fitness?
– Being competitive vs. acquiring skills
– How did Phil once gauge how fit he was? (Hint: it involved hunting)
– Chris’ take on diet and fat as fuel, and how he was inspired by Phil
– Phil’s 2-week test. Chris and his wife’s experience doing this protocol for life-changing results
– “A diabetic isn’t going to listen to you,” Phil said to Chris. Why?
– How food, drink and sport nutrition manufacturers killed our ability to burn fat for fuel, and how we can get it back!
– How every animal on earth knows how to eat properly except for humans – how do we get back to that?
– The art of Pack Burro Racing from one of the world’s best, Hal Walter. And more on the relationship between man and animal in nature and endurance events.
– What else will we learn in Chris’ new book? Chris share stories of some Natural Born Heroes,
– And much more!