Sports Nutrition: Timing of Macronutrients For Optimal Performance and Adaptations, Plus How to Add Lean Muscle Mass
March 23, 2015
We are joined by Ben Greenfield to answer your questions on:
- How to build muscle from weight training while doing endurance sports?
- What’s the endurance mileage limit if you are trying to gain muscle mass?
- What supplements/ whole foods are recommended to gain muscle mass?
- Mention of Master Amino Acid Pattern.
Timing of macronutrients for optimal performance and fat adaptation purposes:
- What to eat PRE vs. POST workout
- You can still have carbs, just time appropriately
- If you eat fat, do you burn more fat?
- How does the workout type or intensity of the day matter?
- Eating on off days – scale back of replenish? High carb, moderate carb or low carb?
- How to fuel leading up to a big race
- How to fuel if you’re not yet optimally fat adapted?