ATC: Lifestyle Tips To Build a Strong Body, MAF Testing on the Bike, Video Swim Analysis, Tight Achilles and The Kinetic Chain, and More
November 28, 2014
This episode of ATC is brought to you by Doc’s Skincare, makers of all-natural skin and body protection for athletes that is free from nasty chemicals providing the ultimate comfort and protection.
We’re excited to offer our EP fans 30% off your purchase and free shipping with the code enduranceplanet, just head to enduranceplanet.com/docs to start shopping now!
Be sure to check out the chamois creams and anti-chafe sticks especially!
On this episode Lucho and Tawnee dive into a bunch of topics including:
- A swim analysis! Grab the video, and follow along as we analyze this swimmer’s form!
- Ironman athlete getting surgery to repair the meniscus. What should be done after surgery for recovery and rebuilding strength, including lifestyle changes from sitting down too much at work and commuting.
- Reference to Kelly Starrett’s new book, Ready To Run
- Is there a translation between the Maffetone approach and the HR zones by Coggan?
- Using MAF when you have a really low HR and an especially low max HR — is MAF the right approach or not, and why?
- Lucho and Tawnee discuss their MAF tests on the bike and how to train at MAF on the bike effectively.
- Are 45-60 minute MAF rides worthwhile?
- Is it detrimental to MAF aerobic training for triathlon/running if resistance training such as back squats pull me up out of MAF twice a week, every week?
- Achilles always gets to tight when climbing/hill repeats – what’s going on and how to fix?
- Describing an aerobic-like zone by effort using Borg’s scale. Or, how is MAF best described?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |