Ep. 3 Project ZENdurance: Heat Issues, Run Gains, Bagels, Galveston 70.3 and Nutrition Planning
April 25, 2015
Be sure to listen to episodes one & two of Project ZENdurance if you haven’t already!
Tawnee catches up with Brett of Zen and the Art of Triathlon before he tackles Galveston 70.3 this weekend.
Working recovery into the routine vs. a block of going hard and hoping to survive and recover in time; brett’s thoughts on interval-style workouts that allow you to assign rest as needed – aka if you see a drop off, scale back!
- How did the first long brick of 5.5hr on Sunday go for Brett?
- Heat woes.
- How was his recovery from the long weekend including Sunday?
- How is Brett recovering so fast? what new tricks is he using compared with before?
- Learn how MAF is working out for Brett!
- Mention of our recent podcast with Dr. Maffetone.
- Tawnee’s outlined rest-week rides and runs before Galveston
- Positive goal setting (and learning not to talk yourself down)
- Owning your strengths in setting realistic a race plan; visualization
- Talking 70.3 race plan and pacing goals
- Maffetone & anaerobic race prep; more from Phil on anaerobic training.
- Brett’s nutrition plan for 70.3 (breakfast ideas and fueling during the race) – to bagel or no bagel?
- UCAN+dextrose combo on bike
- Debating Gatorade vs. something like Skratch/Osmo/gels+water on the run course??
- Brett’s new relationship with carbs and the positive results he’s seeing!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |