Ep. 5: So You Wanna Go Pro? Surprises, Progress and Matt’s Wife, Lauren, Chimes In
October 21, 2016
This episode is brought to you by Generation UCAN Superstarch, the incredible fuel of choice for endurance athletes and health enthusiasts looking for burn more fat for fuel, optimize sports performance and keep blood sugar in check. EP fans get 15% of UCAN, shop now. You can also use the code “enduranceplanet” if you’re shopping at generationucan.com for that 15% discount. Join the revolution. You can burn more fat for fuel. Oh, and be sure to check out UCAN’s new bar made with coffee beans!
For past episodes of “So You Wanna Go Pro” (No. 1-4) click here.
On this show we’re joined by not only Matt Bach this time, but also his wife, Lauren Bach, for an exciting update:
- Matt’s Santa Cruz 70.3 experiment and result
- More health testing:
- 4-point Cortisol test
- Fresh blood labs with new, improved testosterone numbers and other data pointing toward progress
- The strategies that have led to matt feeling so much better and allowing him to heal
- The tradeoff of losing elite endurance fitness – what’s next?
- The schedule lately:
- More CrossFit, recovery, minimal training and allowing the healing to set in
- Tentative training and racing plan moving forward
- Bringing in Lauren
- Lauren’s been with Matt for 12 years and knows him well. We get her take on everything that’s happened since Matt first won IMMD, her observations on Matt, transparency on her life, their lives together, and family planning
- Big surprises (even Tawnee gets surprised with what the couple shares)!
- The study Matt is putting together with researchers on the East Coast on elite endurance male athletes and hormones – if you fit the criteria email Matt at email@example.com – they’re looking for participants!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |