TriNews: Dubai Drama, Ironman vs. Challenge Prize Purses, and More
March 4, 2015
This podcast is brought to you by UCAN SuperStarch
, the revolutionary fuel of choice for endurance athletes and fitness enthusiasts to promote fat burning, metabolic efficiency and better health+performance. Start shopping
and use the code “enduranceplanet” at checkout for 15% off.
- Ironman vs. Challenge
- Standardized Competition Rules for IM – 12m Pro Draft Zone (front to front), 5 Min Penalty for Drafting, 21.9°C/71.5°F wetsuit cutoff temperature. Note the 20m rule at challenge and how they loved it
- Race Coverage for Worlds and Regional Champs: Ironman Live “a hosted online show with extensive, in-depth coverage of the professional race. The coverage will include live GPS tracking for all professional athletes”,
- Reuters: Ironman for sale (or possibly IPO),
- Move to make Tawnee and Thorsten Challenge announcers!!!!
Feb 26th: Challenge Dubai Half-Distance (300k purse, 65k for each winner)
- Men: 1. Terenzo Bozzone (NZL) 3:45:45, 2. Tim Reed (AUS) 3:46:35, 3. Michael Raelert (GER) 3:46:49
- Women: 1. Daniela Ryf (SUI) 4:05:01, 2. Heather Wurtele (CAN) 4:09:21, 3. Helle Frederiksen (DEN) 4:11:43
- Terenzo Bozzone (1st across the line), Michael Raelert (2nd across the line, now 3rd), Manuel Küng (3rd across the line, now 9th), Andy Potts (5th across the line, now 12th) & Ben Collins (10th across the line, now 16th) were assigned a four minute “assessment” for taking a wrong turn and cutting the course by 2.4k (turning 1.2k too early)
- Similar stories from WildFlower,
- Million Dollar purse for winning all three Triple Crown Events
Feb 22nd: Challenge Wanaka (Full Distance, 80.000 NZD, about 60.000USD)
- Men: 1. Dylan McNeice (NZL) 8:37:14, 2. Dougal Allan (NZL) 8:40:06, 3. Courtney Ogden (AUS) 8:49:46
- Women: 1. Gina Crawford (NZL) 9:31:51, 2. Laura Siddall (GBR) 9:43:46, 3. Michelle Bremer (NZL) 9:52:16
- 3rd win by Dylan, 6th win by Gina.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |