ATC: How Low Can You Squat Well (And Does It Matter), Concurrent Obstacle Race and 70.3 Training, Sub-3 Marathon at Age 60, and More!
December 19, 2014
This episode of ATC is brought to you by Doc’s Skincare
, makers of all-natural skin and body protection for athletes that is free from nasty chemicals.
Save 30% and get free shipping with the code “enduranceplanet”, just head to enduranceplanet.com/docs
to start shopping now!
Be sure to check out the chamois creams and anti-chafe sticks especially!
Our last new ATC for 2014, and it’s a fun one! Jam-packed with lots of info and goodies including:
- Insight into Lucho and Tawnee’s world of email and how they keep it under control,
- Concurrent cycling and run training. Specifically a mountain biker who signed up for a marathon and is looking to incorporate the bike into the marathon plan. Ideas on maximizing run fitness without losing MTB fitness,
- Squats: do we need to be going thighs to parallel and/or butt to heels? Or are quarter/half squats enough? What is correct/adequate ROM for squats and other body exercises, and how do we assess if we’re doing it right?
- ROM norms for other movements and exercises,
- How heavy does a runner/triathlete need to go with strength training? I know you had said that there is a point of diminishing returns but how heavy is enough?
- Is it worthwhile to put a wood wedge under the back of a treadmill to create a descent to help train for downhill running (in particular looking for downhill-specific training for Boston). If so, best tips on implementing this!
- Tips on a teenager training for his high school mountain bike team and looking to be a a top contender, plus more on youth and teens training for endurance sports and how to avoid burnout, doing too much, etc.
- Aiming for a sub-3 marathon at age 60. Guidance needed for this incredible feat!
- Why would HR be depressed late into an ultra? Too much fatigue going in? Nutrition issue? Help!
- Training for both a 10+ mile obstacle race and a 70.3 that are a couple weekends apart — how to best train in order to be fit, ready and competitive in both?
- and more!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |