The Sock Doc: Less Is More – Natural Movement, No-Diet Wholesome Eating, and Toxin-Free Home and Personal Care
November 28, 2018
comes in a sugar-free powder
form that’s great for those who don’t like pills and/or want something tasty to mix in your workout drink, smoothie, or pre- and post-workout fuel! PerfectAmino
, whether powder
, is an athlete’s secret weapon featuring all the essential amino acids in the exact ratios needed to ensure proper protein synthesis in the body. BodyHealth
, the makers of Perfect Amino
, also offers well-formulated natural vitamins and supplements to meet your other needs including their Body Detox, Healthy Sleep Ultra, Intestinal Cleanse, weight loss aids, and more.
On this episode with the Sock Doc we take a dive into what it means to embody a “less is more” lifestyle. Tawnee recently stayed with the Sock Doc and his family during her vanlife travels and saw first hand how they operate without shoes, in nature and by keeping it all simple.
- Benefits of being barefoot beyond running.
- Special cases for going barefoot–what about hazards or cold feet (e.g. Raynaud’s)?
- Using nature as your gym, and keeping it loose.
- Always look to diet and whole foods before supplementing.
- What supplements do you really need, if at all?
- Are we overdoing Vitamin D?
- Our past in-depth podcast on Vitamin D with the Sock Doc.
- Muscle testing vs. blood testing – debating blood test needs.
- The difficulty of finding nutrient-dense whole foods for some of us (and knowing where to look!).
- Why the Sock Doc and Tawnee agree that some sugar in your diet (e.g. organic ice cream) is ok, but why we still avoid processed junk foods with HFCS, coloring, bad fats, etc.
- Butter as its own food group.
- Clean and toxic-free household cleaning products and personal care products we like:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |