Sports Nutrition 232: Maximize Supplement Absorption, Fish Bones For Health, and More
April 4, 2016
Don’t forget: open Amazon via EP when you do your online shopping—just click the banner link on our sidebar or the links provided in the show notes whether you’re on your computer, phone, or tablet. It adds one extra click to your process with zero added fees.Also head to enduranceplanet.com/shop and check out the products and services we love including top-tier supplements by Exos Performance Nutrition.
On this episode of Sports Nutrition with Ben Greenfield:
- Nutrient delivery mechanisms and absorption of supplements.
- How can we know if we’re getting the most from our pills and capsules? Are there common supplements that are better to get in non-pill form?
- Liposomal glutathione vs NAC pills
- Vitamin D/K2–liquid or pill form? We recommend Thorne’s brand.
- Vitamin injections/IV’s
- Bitter melon extract as an insulin mimetic. Could it be used to speed up carb re-loading e.g. between heavy endurance sessions? Would you be able to store more glycogen in a short time using bitter melon as opposed to relying on insulin / GLUT4 alone?
- Does eating fish bones and / or egg shells have any health value, i.e. a good source of calcium?
- Debate over stevia. Are small amounts in products like UCAN ok?